PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 91 Year Old Spitfire Pilot Needs Your Help
Old 10th Dec 2010, 10:46
Benson PRO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As demanded, the RAF Benson PRO/MCO has indeed got herself a PPRuNe account.

For those who took umbrage at the message posted on my behalf, I apologise; however, without all the facts I was not in a position to offer a public apology or give a deadline as to when the artefacts could be located without first undertaking some research (which was instigated immediately).

To hopefully reassure everyone slightly, I can confirm that we have been in contact with VIProds directly and, on receipt of the details of the items, an urgent message was sent out to all parties on Station that have anything to do with the collation of the historical archives. One of our most knowledgable Station history experts may already have located some of the items and is in the process of clarifying that they are the correct items. I will also be liaising with the Station Commander this afternoon to request that a personal apology on behalf of the Station is sent as a matter of urgency to Alec, and we have already apologised to VIProds for the failures of the Station in the past.

If there is anyone else who has previously donated or loaned anything to RAF Benson that they would like to recover, please get in contact with me and I will do my best to help. I cannot guarantee that all items will be located but I can guarantee that we will do our best to find them and return them to their original owners as quickly as possible.