PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 10th Dec 2010, 07:47
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Well I will have to disagree with you.

These court proceedings have been going on for many years and the HK crew member test case, supported by Unite's legal department, has won every time.

This is an example of a union doing good work for it's members.

Are you suggesting that foreign workers, working on the aircraft of a British Airline, don't deserve to have a union to represent them like all the other crew on that aircraft. Or maybe you think it is OK for BA treat foreign crew in a different way. These crew work alongside British BA cabin crew on the same aircraft. It is not about how much they earn, it's about when they retire.
Some International crew, like Japanese crew, earn more than British crew and I am pretty sure that they retire at a normal retirement age. So this case is about right and wrong not about the current industrial action.

Having said that it is hardly strange that the Union would want to highlight the way BA treat their International cabin crew. I would if I were in their situation.

I am not going to argue with you anymore about this side issue. We will have to agree to disagree.