PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2010, 15:42
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EK 4457

A somewhat confrontational answer. Is this your normal style, or are you just picking me out for attention.

1. A closer scrutiny of my post would reveal that I never said JOC was an "approved course". Only the MCC is required for a MP type rating.

2. Clearly your knowledge to date does not extend sufficiently to encompass the possibilty of all the outcomes. People have failed JOC in the past, although I accept it is a rare event.

3. I wonder if you would change your mind if you began teaching MCC & JOC?
It certainty gave me an insight, and continues to do so.
A well organised JOC is NOT a waste of time.

4. JOC certainty breaks the ice in multi-crew training, and makes the type rating a less daunting experience unless, of course, you happen to be ace of the base.

5. Your interpretation of the word "investment" is narrower than what I had intended to mean. I accept what you say in purely financial terms with the beancounters ruling the roost. I had intended to include the "value added" element by gaining the experience under the watchful eye of those older and wiser and wishing to impart their knowledge. Osmosis springs to mind.

Undertaking a jet course with your CPL/IR [+MCC] hot of the press can be a quantum leap. A JOC just makes it that bit easier.