PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2010, 12:32
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
parkfell,

Utter nonsense from start to finish I'm afraid sir.

A JOC is not ANY kind of CAA, JAR, JAA, EASA, EU OPS (or any other quango) approved course. Unlike the MCC, which is.

It is an attendance course. Whilst admittedly I'm no expert, I know of NO JOCs which you can fail. They may kick you off the course for being a moron, but that's totally different. However, if a provider does decide to make it pass/fail then that's up to them, as the course is purely made up by themselves. The Jet2.com requirement was to have completed a JOC. Technically, this means paying the money and turning up.

Agreed, it will provide another set of training notes. However, if you feel unable to guage an applicants ability on their PPL, CPL, IR, MCC and groundschool reports then what difference does another set of records do?

The comments you make about documenting the learning curve are true, but all of the mandatory courses are sufficient in length and content to do just that.

The JOC is a halfway house between MCC and TR. However, it gives you nothing new for the former and is totally inadequate for the latter.

The JOC is simply a nice add on for the MCC for those who can afford it. Unless you literally have £3,000 to burn,

a JOC is a bit of a waste of money as everything in it is covered by a TR course
is a very true statement.

Finally, the reason why I'm a little riled by your post;

explains why J2 values their importance in deciding who, with little or no experience, is worth investing in?
For a SSTR, no pay during training, bonded for line training and 70% salary, I can assure you that LS make absolutely no investment in their cadets whatsoever. Can you guess who does?

Wake up.