PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express incident
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2010, 05:42
Morrisman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the co-pilot knew how to operate the Auto-pilot and thats about it. Its a shame that pilots aren't forced to train in the most basic of planes so they learn the fundamentals. I cringe when I see g1000 in a training aircraft as they steal attention from actually flying the thing!! Out of the whole fleet Im flying I prefer the VFR only PA28-181 with half the stuff in it INOP because its good honest aviation and such a beautiful machine to fly. Autopilot, GPS430, fuel computers etc is not necessary if you are in touch with what your flying.

Its a shame a pilot in such a position has none of the necessary skills required when you take it back to basics. Its a motor action - trees getting bigger so pull stick back! I dont mean to rip on indians as im sure many are capable pilots but today we had one who couldn't find the right end of the runway, couldn't operate the self serve fuel pump and had no clue what he was doing while taxiing. Needless to say he was not given takeoff clearance and his instructor had to come pick him up.