PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Wannabes" are we?
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2002, 03:42
outboundjetsetter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Wannabes" are we?

Not wanting to sound like im complaining or anything but i believe this forum should be renamed. I for one am mainly a charter pilot who has been flying for a number of years .Like many pilots in auzz/ nz many of us have thousands of hrs on either 135 opps/ instructing, top dressing, executive charter,or what ever. With the current situation in Airlines im not counting on jumping into the big jets within the next 6 months! so am resonably settled in G.A. I believe more and more "expeirenced" G.A. pilots are getting more comfortable or adapting to their current jobs because they no the airlines arent gonna be in a hurry to take them on and so arent counting their chickens on aspiring to fly something like the Airbus A380 by next year???.
Many G.A. pilots now are trying to get ATPL' subjects, or other Q's such as Degrees/Aerobatic ratings,....to have an edge over someone already in or trying to get into the airline scene.There is much talent out there besides the airlines and I certainly don't see myself as a "wannabe" . Just a constructive thought. feel free also to add what you think we could rename it if the moderator agreed .

outbound.