PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs for CPLMEI pilots
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2010, 08:23
Clintonb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a lot for the responses. totally understand that the job market is hard to get into especially if you have low hours.

But i was just wondering if you didnt have a fATPL and just have a CPL with MEI. i know you can go in the charter business or do crop dusting i heard thats pretty exciting but has its pros and cons. so other than those 2 jobs that i mentioned are there any other jobs out there? i heard you can get contract work with like the UN and do work in africa but you need to know someone that knows someone to get the job? correct me if im wrong.

i been thinking of whether to get my FAA CPL MEI and just do some low time work, I'm not a US citizen, i hold EU and south african citizenship so i know i cant work in the US as the airline union frown upon foreign pilots, but was thinking of then taking that and work in other parts of the world that take FAA pilots like the caribbean, asia, west africa and do charter work like say the caribbean do island hopping charter work with the intent on obtaining my JAA fATPL later on in the future. i just want to find out from you guys that are in the industry what other options there are.

plus i want to know if theres anyone out there that is also not a US citizen and gone down that route obtaining FAA commercial license and worked outside the US.

Thanks again for the responses really appreciate it.

safe flying