PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Navigators in the 21st Century
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2010, 08:22
threeputt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bogart what?

This is from his web site.

Epsilon Minus is Bogart Shwadchuck.
My name's Bogart, I live in Canada, and I make things with computers. In grade school, I played guitar. In high school, I started messing with mod trackers. I picked up a drum machine, a couple of synths, a 4-track, and started messing around. Eventually, I ended up making EBM dance tracks. In 2000, I hooked up with Jennifer Parkin and wrote an album (Epsilon Minus). Released it on Alfa Matrix in 2002. We began working on a second album (Mark II), and I decided 1/4 way through to go on alone. It was still EBM dance, but experimented with alternate directions. Finished the album, released it on Alfa Matrix in 2003.
I've just finished my third album, Reinitialized. It completes a transition out of formula EBM dance into Trance/Techno/IDM territory, but maintaining some elements of EBM. Collaborations with guest vocalists infuse the singles with fresh energy. Reinitialized features vocals by:
Kristy Venrick of The Azoic on "Forever More"
Martha M. Arce of Distorted Reality on "Shattered"
Eric Oehler of Null Device on "The Road To Hell"
Ned Kirby of Stromkern on "Burden"
The instrumentals explore various approaches to beat-driven electronica. Elements of psytrance, techno, breakbeat, IDM, ambient, and synthpop combined in densely packed arrangments. Some focus on rhythmic progression, others on intricate melodies. All are extremely conducive to jumping around and doing the nasty. The album is due out on Alfa Matrix in early 2004.
I work with Macintosh computers. I am currently wringing new sounds out of Reason, Metasynth, ReBirth, Live, Cubase 5, SonicWORX PowerBundle, VocalWriter, and T-RackS. On the hardware end, I use a Yamaha AN1x, and Roland V-Drums. I monitor with Tannoy Reveals, and input/output via 2 Behringer MX602A mixers. My Mac is a Blue/white G3 tower. My microphone is a Rode NT-2.
With the exception of the recording of vocals by collaborators, all of whom I work with entirely via internet, all aspects of Epsilon Minus are my work. Songs, sounds, programming, recording, mixing, mastering, artwork, website, etc.

3P