PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why so few girls ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2002, 14:05
femalesurgeon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sally,
Before you quote the comments of your small minded bigoted uncle, I suggest you research the subject yourself.

By quoting such utter rubbish you perpetuate the myths and sexism that some of your fellow females have to endure everyday.

I and many of my colleagues are no less dedicated than our male counterparts, we may not follow the traditional brown nosing the boss, fawning adoration route that many of my male colleagues aspire to, but that is in no way a reflection on my dedication.

If you wish to comment or quote ill informed sources, on another career, may I suggest you either do some reseach first or preferably engage what functioning neurones you have and keep quiet.

There is plenty of research to show that women medics, do take time off from their careers, however, they are more likely to return and that longterm retention is higher in females than males.

I will now stop my tirade before my BP shoots up even higher and I stroke out, thus expecting my male colleagues to cover my work, as I lie on ITU. Only problem is, there are none around because they have all taken a half day and are playing golf!!!