PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trident autothrust system and autoland
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2010, 14:52
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
P3's responsibility on every autoland was to monitor the autopilot's performance and latch off the autopilot in the event of a failure.
(he was bent forward and had his fingers stretched across the pedestal and resting on the AP engage levers from around 1000ft).

Can't remember all of the functions but one was possibly the kick off drift and It's associated green light??????
Think there was a latching indication for either roll or yaw damper and also a dolls eye for when the ILS (loc and/or GS?) had been captured.

INTERCOM.

Think the O/R position would block out all other inputs to the headsets and override the Off position.

It was the only aircraft I flew and only used I/C to communicate between FD members- I was told it was a legal requirement!

Witnessed a captain insert two butter pats under the headset speaker cotton covers of a colleague who had a reputation for verbal diarrhea when the victim went into the cabin - It took about 15 mins before we noticed the butter dribbling down his cheeks and an another 5 before the guy saw the mess on his trousers. - Kept him quiet for about 10 mins.
Still brings tears to my eyes..............