PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self-Funded TR at Eastern Airways?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2010, 10:10
Mister Geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Granted, Eastern have never been the most attractive to work for and I doubt that things will change in the foreseeable future.

Eastern gave me my first job nearly some seven years ago now and whilst the way the type rating is funded has completely changed, the varied and solid experience that one can build on whilst in a first job remains largely unchanged.

I flew the J41 and went all round Europe on charters in addition to seeing all the scheduled network. It was a very solid grounding which meant that when a opportunity to move on came up, I had little problems moving onto a jet and was in the LHS of a jet within 18 months of leaving Eastern.

The salary at Eastern has always been pitiful and there is bugger all in the way of benefits. However it has always been a 'training' airline and that will probably not change. You simply join, build up your experience and move on to something that is more attractive to your wallet and your lifestyle.

I don't agree with the self funded rating modus operandi, however I am not surprised. The salary is low since they will always have people wanting to join and the same can be said for making people cough up for a type rating.