PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self-Funded TR at Eastern Airways?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2010, 18:42
sk8erboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly I think Eastern is no place for anyone bar the desperate alphaadrian. And certainly not if you have ever seen how a proper airline is run. I meet several of their crews in ABZ frequently and have honestly never met a happy one. Complaints range from very poor lifestyle, dreadful rostering, both long term and intermediate, poor pay and non existent benefits. Ready for a command? If you seem to be lucky enough to be one of their management pets then you can have one. With an £8K bond.
Things will get better soon, and when they do I personally think Eastern will be in trouble. A LOT of people will leave, in their droves and at a far greater rate than anyone could keep up with. For an airline so obviously undercrewed, judging by how badly rostering treat the crews, there could potentially be a lot of disruption.
Things will improve soon. We have just hired at Log. I'm not sure if they paid a rating. I'll try to find out. We are far far from being a good airline ourselves but compared to Eastern it feels like BA!