PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2010, 16:34
ryansf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I experienced Ryanair's famous customer service for the first time on Thursday. Before I say anything, I have always been a supporter of Ryanair and have used them 20+ times in the past. Even on the outbound to Dublin, I commented on how excellent the flight was, despite the weather.

I was supposed to travel DUB-EMA on Thursday evening, but the flight had been cancelled. After queuing for a re-booking, I was told the next EMA flight would be on Sunday, but there was an LBA one on Saturday, so booked on that. After doing that, I basically got a "Right, see you on Saturday!". They wouldn't provide anything, not even a meal voucher. One Ryanair staff member I spoke to afterwards did seem genuinely upset that she couldn't help, but it was her "managers decision" not to provide anything. So we camped in the DUB food court overnight. Fortunately, I got put on standby (after queuing at 3am) for the Friday morning EMA flight and made it home.

After this experience, I have decided not to fly with Ryanair again. They are fantastic when everything works, but terrible when things go wrong. If I were to fly with them again, it would always be at the back of my mind about the consequences so I'm just going to travel with respectable carriers from now on and not risk being stranded again!