PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2010, 03:09
Shed Dog Tosser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jack,

You are missing one very important point, Joe, is not a hero. I'd reckon he's worried about losing pay and conditions, being jumped on the seniority list for a command, you can not be naive enough not to see his motives.

He at some stage looked at one star, applied with stars in his eyes, took a position as a big shiney jet pilot , coughed up for an endorsement, with an organisation offering below industry standard conditions ( particularly compared to that of the mothership ), in doing so under cutting his conditions and the seniority list of many in the mothership.

Now the organsiation is trying to again reduce pay and conditions, in doing so putting his job on shakey ground, so he has decided to kick up a stink, I believe this is purely a self serving act.

Whilst I do not think much of AJ, he is absolutely correct, trying to dress up an industrial issue as a safety issue is stupid, even the general public can read between the lines on that one.

IMHO, Joe is no hero, he's just protecting his interests, raping it with some feel good spin about "We, the industry", these people should have thought about their actions before accepting the job.

And yes I do believe they can suffer in their jocks.

Last edited by Shed Dog Tosser; 4th Dec 2010 at 03:35.