PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2010, 00:37
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of the assumptions that Chuckles makes are obvious and accurate. There would simply NOT be the amount of people using air travel if it wasn't for the LCC's. (i.e. more pilot jobs) I can relate my experiences before deregulation, I NEVER travelled by air, it was simply un-affordable. An airport terminal was like an exclusive club, somewhere you went as a treat. I saved for 2 years for the airfare to go on my backpacking trip.

If as a pilot you choose to accept the conditions that these LCC's offer, so be it. That you choose to accept conditions that are below what the 'market' rate sets as a result of a shortage of experienced pilots. (An artificial market wage that most of you lot fall for due to the bull**** spun by these LCC's) is your problem.

How do you know what Joe's rationale was for his public comments? Do you know that he may have been willing to risk a career on a principle? For pilots that are willing to accept the immoral and unprincipled actions of certain airlines, so be it, BUT WHAT RIGHT HAVE YOU GOT TO CALL A BLOKE STUPID for standing up for his beliefs?

Kind of ironic isn't it that the group that accept these 'conditions' eventually benefit from actions taken by blokes like Joe? Whereas if people like Joe don't take action you drag everybody down to your level.