PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 22:27
IvorBiggun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dingbat

if only it were just "Prestwickgate" or "towelgate".

Unfortunately for your now irrelevant union it goes years and years deeper than that as many of us who are Captains in BA can testify to from painful personal experience of know alls, bickering and militancy when all I (or my colleagues) wanted to do was get our passengers home/away. I have seen it so many times. That is BASSA's legacy, even under the previous Chairman who I had respect for (unlike this one, or the "Branch Secretary", whatever that is now. Still good money eh Dunc?)

I quote

"BA don't run this operation Darling, BASSA do". From a SH CSD a few years ago.

Yes the vast majority of CSD's I fly with are onside and a credit to BA, but the militant (and I say that before this dispute) minority and unfortunately your union branch who have let you down so badly over the 20 years (that I have seen) have screwed you up maybe terminally.

No way back now IMO and that is a shame for the great crew.

Actually I am livid with BASSA because they have empowered the management to an extent no-one could have predicted.

We will all suffer because of the egos of the arrogant bunch that lead a generally great community of cabin crew.

And managment take their blame in that as well, but BASSA mostly.

Last edited by IvorBiggun; 4th Dec 2010 at 08:57.