PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 22:14
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaberwocky, a certain degree of what Chuckles says is accurate and relevant, a large proportion of it is anecdotal (and I make no judgement about the accuracy because I don't know), and some amount of it is just playing the blame game with zero meaningful contribution to the argument, like Kangaroo Court's comments above.

I'd agree that Joe made a miscalculation, but that doesn't mean I think he should be fed to the lions and we should all just turn our heads in disgust while saying "Oh gee, look at that. A pilot being eaten by lions. Bit gory isn't it? Anyway, I've got places to go & people to see."

It disturbs me greatly that there are pilots come on here (and this bit is not aimed at Chuckles) and their sole contribution is pretty much: "We told you so you bastards. Suffer in ya jocks." That attitude is about what I'd expect from a 4 year old fighting over a Thomas the Tank Engine train set and it appears that there are such minds here prancing around in much older bodies who are happy to actively sabotage even an attempt to get some sort of pilot unity going.

Most poignantly, much, if not all of what Joe said when you read the article appears to be rather close to the truth despite JQ Management's protestations and conflicting statements that it's all a pack of lies. So the question remains unanswered: what are we going to do about?

Judging from the drift of this thread, the answer is: bugger all, we'd much prefer to bicker among ourselves and point back to fond memories of the swinging 60s.

Which simply means in the near future I'll have a bunch more "do not fly with........" airlines to put on my list for friends and relatives, and have to talk yet more kids out of an aviation career. That's in addition to the two recent ones I've done, and the one my wife did by herself the other day - her exact quote to the kid's mum being: "if he's so smart and doing so well at school, why would he want to be a pilot?"