PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of i Cadets?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 16:56
Monkiexecutioner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iron Skillet,

Thanks for the advice, I will mention the new "short-course" in the letter.

Betpump5,

The fact that the icadets come from all over the world means there is diversity - as opposed to pure Hong Kong Locals?
I do not mean racial diversity, I mean diversity in experience. I did say "In the future, their pilots will all come from the Cadet program".

They aren't putting all their eggs in one basket. There are currently 3 diffrent courses available in the cadet scheme. The cadets range from ab-inito's to ex-instructors with +1500 hours.
Well last time I read, most didn't accept into this scheme. But maybe you are right on one thing...
Yes it is really the case. If you want the truth, come on PPRuNe
I guess it's possible that all those candidates accepted the "Short-Course", but I can highly doubt that. Even though they are accepting such applicants, it doesn't mean anything if no applicants are willing to join!

Would you still be writing the same letter if one CP course was made up of 12 caucasians, but who have held HK-ID cards due to their parents working in Hong Kong?
I have no problem with Caucasians that have HKIDs from getting into the program. They have lived there for at least 7 years, so I'm guessing they know about the living conditions of HK. On the back of each HKID does state "The holder of this card has the right of abode in Hong Kong". I am only trying to fight Cathay here, not going to try and fight the HK government.

You should know that many of the cadets - pre Icadet - were HK-ID holders but not necessarily Hong Kong born. Many were the kids of expats (Cathay employees and Non-Cathay Employees).
Hmm...where did you get the information from? PPRuNe? From my Stage 1 and 2 and also from people I have talked to, there was only 1 Caucasian holding a HKID. Unless you are really from management then I can trust you on that

Everyone else,

Thank you much for the support! Agree with all your points! I will send this letter and urge anyone else to do the same