PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 14:26
psycho joe

Location: shivering in the cold dark shadow of my own magnificence.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despite my best efforts, the particular skill set required to travel back in time still eludes me.

I'm unable to travel back in time to improve the workplace conditions of the post ww1 pilots who started the first Australian Airlines. Or the 1950's pilots.
I exist in the here and now in today’s industry.

I don't accept the general belief that Pilots should be worse off for choosing to live and work in Australia (or elsewhere) for an Australian airline. Nor do I accept that 'pretty good' or 'not too bad' is an acceptable career aspiration, or the best that an Australian pilot should hope for.

But it doesn't matter what I think. Because I don't exist.

I am an anonymous name, on a small thread, read by less than 0.1% of the population, in a cyber world that doesn't really exist. And no matter how long or profound my posts may seem, no matter how pontificating or sanctimonious, the reality is that if you choose to switch off, then my Nett effect is zero.

The Joe Eakins article was accurate and well written. The fact that his name was added has given the article far more credibility in the media and had greater effect than several thousand posts here. Only history will judge whether or not he has flirted with the boundaries of acceptable social etiquette.

I think I have put up with about enough vitriol aimed in my direction because I hold a different view to most of you.
Then perhaps you should vote with your feet.