PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 12:50
IvorBiggun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HF

Yes and agreeing to the implementation of the Disruption Agreement during er disruption will not carry any brownie points.

Going way back it this is one of the more fundamental facets when it comes to dealing with BASSA or indeed any TU.

It was said to me the Company simply cannot accept having to ask permission from the BASSA chair to implement disruption plans.

And the straw that broke the camels back was that shambles of 2 local nights 2 years ago in Prestwick (if memory serves me correctly).

Such actions placed Willie and Tony's microscope firmly on such behaviour and the rest is history, because as we all know this is not only about financial savings but (in the eyes of BA) re-affirming the right to manage.

I can say with some confidence if Lizanne and Duncan (I'm still not sure what he has to do with anything anymore, strange constitution they have. Still the money's good I hear) had not agreed to the DA being implemented BA would have just done it anyway. BA know that and they know BASSA know that are would be powerless to do anything about it.

Once you have made yourself irrelevant it is one hell of a job to make yourself relevant again.