PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 09:42
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Obie, you should be playing the ball not the man

I have had some private debates with Chuck about this topic, and while I do not quite agree with 100% of what he says, he is mostly correct.

Going public and with your own name published was fecking DUMB. Thats what started this thread.

Another FACT, JQ Captain and F/O jobs are not that bad, and at no point did Joe Eakins say that they were bad, so stop bashing on about that.

It was all about "The future of Aviation Careers in Australia".

The JQ NZ deal is pathetic......... and they got the results, I think we all agree.

The SIN deal no better, and the dodgy company deal failed before it got legs.

So some folk are being a little naive.

Like most things, the truth of the matter is somewhere inbetween the opposite sides of the arguement.

By coming out and making snide remarks about being as good as chuck is nothing more than an admission he is accurate in what he says and you are pissed off you did not get to say it first.

If you can honestly debate his comments, and back them up with facts.....knock ya socks off.

As for me I think JQ did the wrong thing, JE was a bit naive, and the truth is somewhere in the middle. If JQ were smart they would have actually taken him in to study the reality of his story, not sack him.

The sad thing is, JQ/QF management can go public and make contradicting and stupid statements in the media, and one pilot writes a brilliant summary of what many folk are concerned about in the industry and they sack him. The clauses they sack him with are draconian, and I really wonder how they can be legal.

And thats part of what CC and I have debated......not sure who has convinced the other yet.

J