PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 07:26
Dingbaticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fresh Faces

Given the number of grievances by cabin crew, mentioned in court at the recent imposition appeal, Mr William’s appointment of a top lawyer to Mr McCarthy’s position appears a shrewd move to me.

I don’t personally bear Mr Walsh any malice; he does what it says on the tin. He was brought in to restructure and although we still have a Union, I believe we have all learnt lessons and the members will be more engaged in it’s running in the future.

The agreement to implement the disruption agreement this week has angered the ‘Bassa mentalists’ as the imposition hearing did confirm that the DA is contractual - there are still those who wish to continue with the old 70’s style Unionism. Fortunately Lizanne and Duncan have both supported it’s implementation and I hope this bodes well for peace talks at ACAS this Monday.

It’s true the dispute became personal. Being vilified by the press then having a wall erected in our own head office where fellow workers scrawled obscene graffiti, which even made it on to the BBC news, made it personal.

There are fresh faces in town and a new year ahead. Negotiation is achievable after which we must all focus on rebuilding shattered relationships and put the customer back at the heart of our business.

The postings made by Dingbaticus on this site are my own thoughts, feelings and beliefs and don’t necessarily represent my employers positions, strategies or opinions