PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ C-Cat - Part-time
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2010, 00:27
cloudhigh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to start?

Arh yes the age ol what am I in for?
The CCAT is something you can do part time but you will find it begins to take over. I'm sure you know, part time drags over what full time can offer. If you aren't worried about that aspect, then that is ok.

You will need to do the I.T course. Instructor techniques. Some of these courses are run on a "enough people" basis. Mark Woodhouse runs some here and there.

In terms of the study and flying, this will depend on the chosen place to learn. Where I did mine, the ground theory was self study mainly. You will want to get a hold of the aviation theory centre's Principles of Flight book, Kermodes Mechanics of Flight (will help), a good Met reference, and get that law printed.

Again the place I did my CCAT and BCAT through, we did the flying as follows:
Lesson 1: Instructor Gives me the Lesson
Lesson 2: I give the instructor the lesson
Instructor give me the next lesson

So on and so forth. Breifings can be done on a rainy. Again the instructor will deliver the breifing and then you will take notes and listen to examples and explanations, and then next day you will deliver it back.

Its an art form that will take a little while to become familar with.

Tips:
All they are really looking for is, is this person capable at guiding someone through the processes of teaching them how to fly. Communication is important, you need to be able to explain things in a different manner i.e the student doesn't quite follow that first explanation.
Keep things simple as well. They dont want to hear the masters degree viewpoint on how lift is produced while delivering effects of controls.

I hope this helps. Message me at any time if you like