PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 2nd Dec 2010, 09:29
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Thanks for reminding us of that article Litebulbs.

Note the average for BA cabin crew of 29K. The average wage in the London area is 28K. This average, of course, includes all the crew on pre 97 contracts, so as these more expensive crew leave, the BA average would come down as well and probably already has, as since that article many took severance. Post 97 cabin crew already have a much lower average.

My point is that crew that joined after 97 are actually not on particularly high salaries now already. I really do believe that the new Mixed fleet salaries of £11k and less remuneration than our current Gatwick crew, will result in good new M/F crew leaving because they will find it very difficult to live in, the very expensive, LHR area or commute from elsewhere.

I want BA to survive and I did not think striking was a good thing to do but I also want BA to continue to give good customer service. In my personal view, crew that are badly paid and tired will ultimately not be happy crew and it is a happy and well motivated crew that serves our customers best.

I know that all our new Mixed Fleet crew are very keen and will be great crew so I hope BA sees sense and improves their agreements because I want our airline to continue to be one of the best.

That is of course my own personal opinion.