PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning for pax heading to St Lucia on BA
Old 1st Dec 2010, 22:37
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piton - take no notice of Abusing the Sky, she works for Ryanair, where customer service is pretty low down the priority scale, in fact 2 hours extra flying time = plenty of scratch card and bar sales, so she does not apparently understand the problem.
Joao, please don't make this personal. I was honestly confused reading the OP's first post. Which he/she kindly clarified later on.

But if you do wish do make this personal, please note that i used to work for Ryanair. For many years, and i enjoyed most of them, albeit a few times/incedents, which i believe most of us (by that i mean myself and my fellow cabin crew colleagues) have gone through and disliked immensly.
The reason why i chose to leave Ryanair is on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.
Having said that, please also note that your statement
in fact 2 hours extra flying time = plenty of scratch card and bar sales
is inaccurate: in my experience, a 2 hours "extra flying time" would usually mean a 2 hours delay due to *insert reason here*.
While on the ground, crew are not allowed to open the bars (trolleys) due to Customs and Revenue restrictions (i believe it's to do with the fact that FR, like most airlines, are only allowed to trade whilst airborne)

Hope this clarifies your lack of knowledge about myself and/or my previous employer.