PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 22:33
Hans Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm,
Well Chuck, if J* need a new PR man, I think you may well be first in line for the position!!
Your posts normally appear well thought out and balanced, but I've got to say, you seem to be on a bit of a mission with this one.
I think you're giving the company to much credit for being incompetent rather than intentionally malicious.
In my experience (2.5 decades in aviation, so I'm very much not Gen Y), all these little "errors" committed by companies such as these are very much deliberate, and whilst fairly insignificant on their own, they do add up when all put together, and serve as a reminder as to "Who is Boss".
The good companies I have worked with, by and large, do not treat people in this manner (with the possible exception of some middle managers, but you're never gonna get perfection, no matter where you go.)
I think the J* guys bought a lot of this on themselves when they signed up to the crap remuneration they were offered in the first place, but that does'nt mean that J* dont have a case to answer in the way they continue to shaft people.
Try to put aside the minor issues and look at the big picture, there are some basic principles involved and we should be standing up for them, not running away (or voting with ones feet).