PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft down in residential area of Karachi?
Old 1st Dec 2010, 17:02
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montrealguy, having taken part in a few discussions with people who see black as white over the years, I do not intend to give too much time to this one. There is almost certainly nothing anyone could say to you or tell you that will change your mind, and I do not intend to try.

For those who want to make a more rational investigation into the issue under discussion, I would draw your attention to the following pdf file that gives some excellent information as a starter:

http://www.boeing.com/news/techissues/pdf/statsum.pdf

The slight snag with it is that it draws a distinction between US & Canadian operators and everyone else. I think it would be reasonable to include western European operators in that group too, and therefore some adjustment is required to reflect 'western' operations.

I also heartily recommend:

Aviation Safety Network > Statistics

This is a great website providing accident statistics going back many years. Finally, I would invite interested people to view the lastest accidents website:

JACDEC - Current News

This website tracks every known accident in the world (fatal or not) by type, nation and operator. It gives a very good feel for who is dropping out the sky and who is not!

Having had a look at that lot, do come back and tell me I am wrong.