PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jerez or another school..advice pls
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2001, 13:57
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 241 Likes on 91 Posts
Arrow

I have no idea what the 4 aircraft you claim are for sale are. They always had more aircraft than there were instructors or students to fly anyway...

I do know that you are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 43.

If I had to choose one, just one, school that was financially secure in these troubled times it would be Jerez. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of a company that turns over something like £3,000,000,000 a year.

Not to say that as a subsidiary it could show a loss and decide to close. But you could still claim against BAE corporate. They have a company image to protect and being hectored publicly by dozens of vocal young aspiring pilots on the stand at the Farnborough and Paris airshows etc. would not go down well.

They would without hesitation re-pay customers monies owed and damn the piffiling cost.

In summary. Unlikely to fold and even if it did Big Brother would pay back the money.

So lets not have ANY more scaremongering stories about ANY flying schools. Facts from insiders are more than welcome - precious even - but speculation can be very damaging.