PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 1st Dec 2010, 08:45
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

As on E/F and LGW, Mixed Fleet do have a bidding system.

It allows you to show the system your preferences but does not show detailed lines of work like the pilot bid does.

It is not seniority led but works on a system that tries to give everyone at least a 60% satisfaction rate. You can put in a bid showing preferred days off, trip types and destinations. The more general your bid is the more successful you are, giving the computer more choice etc.

I think years ago cabin crew did try and get a bid system for WW cabin crew, along the lines of the bid line system used by a lot of American carriers and our pilots but the company said it was too expensive. There is a possibility of some kind of bid like E/F, LGW and Mixed Fleet have but I think it required the current system of MBT's(that WW cabin crew have) to be scrapped and apparently, according to the company, the union said NO without even asking the WW cabin crew what they thought.

No change there then!

The current bid that we have on all fleets except WW is a very general bid system, it would be hard to bid for trips and be specific about having two days off after. It works really well on E/F but I think it might be more tricky to use on Mixed Fleet or that seems to be the case due to the mix of long haul and short haul work.

Does anyone at LGW know if your bid is different to Mixed Fleet. Can you bid for only one day off after long haul work or does the system automatically give you at least two days.

It might be that Mixed Fleet crew are just not used to bidding and that might be why some have ended up with one day off after a long haul flight. I have heard that one Mixed Fleet crew member has got 4 long haul flights in a row on her roster for December and the first 3 have only got one day off after each. I don't think anyone would think that was going to be an easy roster to work. Good luck to her!

Last edited by Betty girl; 1st Dec 2010 at 09:15.