PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 08:08
justanotherstat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MichaelOLearyGenius

Who are you to call me a spoiled brat? I'm an experienced pilot who believes he deserves a bit of respect as such. Why is a Ryanair regular passenger even on this forum?

For your information, the ladies at HR have been very nice to talk to, taking messages and encouraging me to phone back, as the recruitment team seem to be on neverending coffee breaks (Sarcasm).

I quote you:
Pop down to your local flying club and talk to one of the instructors. Within a month you will have a PPL costing about £2k. Immediately start your hour building and night rating while studying the ATPL theory, £6k should see you through that and take about a month. Next is the hard bit but I found it quite easy the CPL, multi IR. Costs about £5k and another 2 weeks total should do it, then straight into the MCC (£500+ 3days).

Blue book in hand you now do the type rating (paid for by the company, 10days) followed by the line training and 6 landings (4 days), then its off to head office for the uniform and away you go. All in all if you really want to fly a jet it's about £12k and 3months. Now what is difficlt about that? As I say don't listen to all these doom and gloom mongers, they just don't know what they are talking about. (And P.S. don't forget the huge salary and all the paid holidays you get).
You clearly have no idea about this industry, and therefore I would prefer you did not waste your thoughts on this thread.

For your information I am a CRMI, so if you would really like a discussion about it I'd be happy to oblige