PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 06:26
'holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee, well let's see
I am going to suggest that if you don't understand the last 65 years of pilot industrial relations you will struggle to keep what is going on NOW in context.
I am going to suggest to you that this, and '89 in particular, has sweet F A to do with the current situation. As has been repeated ad nauseum, the majority of current mainline pilots weren't even in the company in '89.

So when QF pilots demand everyone hold out for mainline T&Cs they are, PROBABLY unknowingly, actually calling for less employment.

Sounds pretty selfish in that context doesn't it?
Once again, as repeatedly stated, if the difference between Jetstar's operation being profitable or not is the difference in pilots' salary (and it's not that much BTW) then the whole thing is pretty marginal and not sustainable. If you believe that, your believing management BS.

For 10 years now in this place we have watched one pilot group after another attacked in turn as the destroyers of our industry - the next lot of people leading the charge downwards. Without exception that vitriol has come FROM QF mainline pilots and been aimed at, in turn, NJS/VB/J*/Jet Connect and Tiger.
Yep, this is another recurring theme you see in a lot of posts. So by your logic the JPC should be advocating accepting pilots from outside J* to come and fill the positions in SIN on lesser T&Cs. Let me know how you go convincing them with that one.

Because thats really what it boils down to - the equivalent of going on strike because EK is taking flying you deem YOURS and inhibiting your career as a result.
Err .. no. EK is not part of the Qantas group and we have absolutely no influence over it. Are you able to see the difference there?

I think one of the things that has really got up mainline pilot's noses is that up until now, when we've said we would like to work together with J* pilot's we've been stonewalled (and I'm happy to be corrected with that impression). The way I see it there is not one argument applied 5 years ago in the Qantas vs Jetstar debate that cannot be applied today in the Jetstar vs Jetstar SIN debate.