PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express incident
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 03:41
Gulfstreamaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a TRI, I was dismissed for refusing to sign off a Captain

Several years ago, in Delhi, I was responsable for training an airforce CAPTAIN, a 2 seater recon flight.

To cut the very long, 2 year, story short he failed his TR check ride, unable to actually command an aircraft. Lost in the visual circuit, and had no idea how to fly the NDB approach.

Eventually I found out part of the reason, was that as a 2 seater, he was not responsable for navigation, or "command", always given a PAR from the back seater.

Upon advising the company for the last time that this guy should never be permitted to actually be in command of anything other than a TUK TUK, I was remined that if I did not sign him off, as Captain would have my visa recinded, for actions detremental to the country, and thus be unwelcome.

The next morning, I was woken up by a smile face, handed a cup of fresh tea, with real milk, and asked to fasten my seat belt. Welcome home, top deck of the 747 was never a sweeter place to be as the sun rose over Heathrow.

Nothing changes, glf

ps asking to come back last week, to work there again...Hope CID refuse to let me enter.