PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 03:22
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Chimbu Chuck. There are some points you raise in your post that need a response.

1. '89 was 21 years ago. The current AIPA exec are all about the 20-25 year mark in QF. I'd suggest that AIPA actions of '89 are the last thing on their mind given that these days. Even back in '89 they were all S/Os looking at F/O promotion at the time (which incidentally was stagnant from about '90 through to mid '94) and so would have had little to do with the decision making of that time.

We can delve into why the split occurred if you like (but I don't think the AFAP is going to come up smelling like roses in that discussion) and we can talk about why AIPA didn't join in the '89 dispute (I don't think the AFAP is going to look real great in that discussion either) but given that nearly 2/3 of QF crew have joined AIPA since that year I don't think it's particularly relevant to what is occurring now.

QF pilots... have repeatedly displayed an utter lack of regard for other pilots within the QF Group...didn't want to know about Impulse pilots.
That's long been up for dispute. The version of events reported to QF pilots is that the Impulse Pilots Council rebuffed AIPA. The JPC under Rick Heaton certainly did.

3. Damn straight this is about unity. Looking at Qrewroom right now I can see that there are at least 20 mainline pilots who have donated money to support Joe Eakin. Some of them have committed to regular payments. I know of at least three others who have committed to regular payments who have not publicly advertised the fact.

I must admit to not knowing what your post is about. You demonise QF pilots for not joining AFAP on a doomed adventure in '89 and you doom them for the perception that QF pilots left Impulse pilots to potentially wither on the vine. Now that QF pilots stand by J* pilots to work to improve their lot (something that you wished we'd done previously) you now question the motives. You can't have it both ways on this.

Like both Captain Kremin and Going Boeing I normally enjoy your posts but your posts about the relationship between QF pilots and J* pilots has been off the mark for some time now.

Hope you're well.