PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2010, 02:03
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally I believe, any QF pilot that offers support, be it financial or emotional assistance to this group, will be doing so at their own demise.

In previous posts I have offered my personal low opinion towards this culture and those within it to the readers of PPRuNe, have stopped only marginally short of using the "S" word to describe my view of their actions, no response from the effected parties, intelligent or otherwise.

Why would any of you honourable, intelligent and morally just individuals posting here assist our morally corrupt counterparts, let them fend for themselves, they have done nothing to help us, quite the opposite infact.
Gee, SDT, last I looked the current JPC was populated, in its entirety, by AIPA members.

I am struggling to understand how that isn't a conflict of interest. Maybe it isn't...but who is REALLY pulling the strings behind the scenes at the JPC?

Taking a global view of this entire ****fight I find myself asking which pilot group is REALLY being attacked here - it certainly isn't the J* pilots, or the Sunstate pilots.

That just leaves the QF mainline pilots.

I could certainly accept the premise that they perceive THEIR T&Cs are threatened by QF management.

The vast majority of posters on these type of threads, for years now, purport to be mainline pilots and to a man they all demand everyone else forgo employment opportunities to protect THEIR T&Cs.

Unity! they call from the ramparts.

We see constant reference to the industrial provenance of the senior J* management pilots - there are lots of ex AN 89ers and some 'others' - the mainline guys conveniently forget that Q Dom is heavily populated with the same subcategory, 'others'.

QF pilots split from AFAP and then didn't support AFAP in 89 and have repeatedly displayed an utter lack of regard for other pilots within the QF Group...didn't want to know about Impulse pilots.

But brothers this is all ancient history. Put it behind us and lets move forward united.

I ask myself which is the ONLY pilot group not actively fighting for QF mainline T&Cs?

I see 1 group prodding another with a long sharp stick but I don't see them actually doing a whole helluva lot else.

Why on earth would a group of pilots who have experienced enormous gains in T&Cs in an airline that is expanding rapidly and offering them not only a very good lifestyle/work mix, and career advancement, but opportunities to experience other cultures and types of operation, while maintaining their basing and seniority within their current operation, WANT or NEED to have a November to Remember?

What has happened in the last 4 years in J* that would explain a group of pilots getting so worked up that a couple of them feel SO strongly that they do stuff that leads to their sacking?

This just doesn't happen in a pilot group experiencing explosive growth in pay and rapid promotion.

Are there mysterious dark forces acting in the background?

This is like watching the Cold War - the main protagonists never fight each other but there is near constant proxy wars being fought in little 3rd world countries.

Last edited by Chimbu chuckles; 1st Dec 2010 at 03:08.