PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2010, 19:15
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After checking in at 03.45, found security area closed with sign saying they opened sometime between 04.00 and 04.30, so a queue developed

This I do find unnacceptable, if there are flights checking in, the security area should be open.

My wife then encountered a member of security, who can best be described as having had a personality bypass, unhelpful, uncaring, scruffy jobsworth.

Whilst its not nice, please dont let the actions of 1 person marr your experience of the airport. Whilst some are horrible, grumpy and evidently lathing the fact they are there, there are some nice guys too.

In WHS, two out of their three tills were faulty and would not accept credit/debit cards, with customers being asked to pay in cash

With this, its a techinical fault within a private company. This could have happened on any high street or any airport. Not really MAN's fault

Finally had to board aircraft via stairs to tarmac, which were slippy and dangerous.

It is an airlines policy to board via stairs or jetways, not MAN. so please dont blast MAN for something that is not withing their perogative.

Sounds about right for there and a mirror image of my experience last time I used it....dreadful......Thanks to Easyjet I can now fly from elsewhere

Thanks to some reason, I know where you will fly from in the future. Liverpool MAY still be subject to these issues (and before I get an ear bashing, I am NOT saying they are commonplace at LPL, just that it could happen to anyone, anywhere).
May I also remind you paully, LPL still boards via outside stairs, just like some MAN services, so kind of negates that aspect of the arguement.

I will defend MAN where it is not to blame, but as you can see, I will also critisise too. Sorry about your experience, but T3 will be re-vamped soon so hopefully it wont happen again.