PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of i Cadets?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2010, 19:03
Monkiexecutioner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RookieRookie,

Please understand that I'm not writing this letter to vent out my anger since I did not get in. It is not a complaint of anything but simply it is only a letter of my opinion of what I see and feel as necessary. I truly believe that applicants need to meet a benchmark in order to get in and I agree that I was not a suitable applicant for the program during my Stages.

My goal for the letter is to make it fair for the people of Hong Kong. I feel that it is ridiculous for a Hong Kong based company to train people for other countries for free. Half of them plans to leave within a few years, and the other half will most likely be forced to leave due to the differences in the living conditions. If local applicants do not meet their benchmark, then don't hire any, don't go out and look for them, they should only look for airline ready pilots. Bring back the DESO hiring.

If Cathay really plans on employing the whole pilot body through the Cadet program, then it will become very risky for Cathay themselves as they can't be sure how long the Cadet Entry Pilots will stay. In the future, their pilots will all come from the Cadet program and they wouldn't have any diversity. Cathay can't put all their eggs in one basket. They need to accept pilots from all supply channels.