PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2010, 17:38
IB4138

Pilot of the Airwaves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had the misfortune to use T3, inbound on the 21st and outbound yesterday.

Inbound, only one exit gate was operative to exit the customs area. The central exit doors from the terminal are now closed with a sign proclaiming something on the lines that they are closed for the winter to keep heat in the building and therefore save energy. They are in fact the direct and signed route to car hire and taxi rank. Only one lift operative in T3 car park and if you want to get to level 3 from level 1, you find that the escalator is barriered, out of use for a refurb, although no work appears to be being carried out.

Outbound, on returning the hire car, found the ramps gritted, but the car hire area , which is on the roof and open to the elements, had not been and was a skating rink. Our flight should have departed at 06.30. After checking in at 03.45, found security area closed with sign saying they opened sometime between 04.00 and 04.30, so a queue developed. Surely, if check-in is open, then it is common sense that security should be? My wife then encountered a member of security, who can best be described as having had a personality bypass, unhelpful, uncaring, scruffy jobsworth. My wife has one hand in a splint, but he required her to remove her boots for x-ray. No chair was available for her to sit on and no compassion, help or care was shown by this individual in her complying, despite me making him aware of her predicament. She complied but with difficulty and with pain, as he would not allow me to assist her in removing her boots.

On arriving in departures lounge, no retail units, including food/drink outlets were open, the centre bar being first to open, the others finally crawling into life from around 05.00. In WHS, two out of their three tills were faulty and would not accept credit/debit cards, with customers being asked to pay in cash. Finally had to board aircraft via stairs to tarmac, which were slippy and dangerous.