PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 30th Nov 2010, 17:26
fl dutchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reason for industrial action.

First post on this issue. I understand the reason for the ballot earlier in the year was "imposition".
During the strikes other reasons came into play ie loss of staff travel and sacked reps/staff.
It was clearly stated during the action by Unite that the strikes would be called off if staff travel was reinstated and the sacked were given there jobs back.
So when talking about reasons for the next ballot the unions are stating staff travel etc as the reasons( I think ).

My question is that if the original action was called on imposition (that was never settled) and the next action is called re staff travel etc with no mention of imposition, does that not qualify as a different reason for a ballot, even though the issues of staff travel etc were introduced during the strike but not the reason for the original ballot. Hope that makes sense.

Incidentally I agree with other posters in that this is being dragged out by certain people in the union who are supposed to be looking after the interests of the cabin crew. But are simply running there own personal agenda, which appears to be to do as much damage to the company who pay the wages of not just cabin crew but the thousands of other staff who work for a very good employer. Will they not be satisfied until they achieve there aim.