PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express incident
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2010, 15:16
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having just read the report, I have to agree with Machinbird and feel we should be looking at this from a different, rather more sinister, angle.

If we read the co-pilots actions, it is way way beyond incompetent.

Not too well established why, if he was completing paperwork, he needed to put his seat forward ? au contraire, easier to sit further back from the column in a non Airbus FBW ship to complete papers.
Initial push force causing CWS was 20lb, okay, but when alt wng sounded he panicked and applied 50lb DOWN FORCE ? ? ' Yeah, that would help

Subsequently he put the column forward again and indeed when the Capt intervened he was doing so with 125lb pullback versus a 200ld push force from Cojo-Boy.

If this wasn't another Egypt Air/ Silk Air scenario what was it ?
I find it difficult to believe anyone could be quite this incompetent, and the aircraft was trying to help him by going into Alt Acq, while all he could do was pull the thrust back and apply even more push force.

The only thing he missed was pulling the CVR/FDR breakers, otherwise I think we can see what was intended here.

I sincerely hope he doesn't fly anymore, either for them or anyone else, as he is either too cr@p to be allowed to do so, or suicidal, neither being a very satisfactory scenario.