PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of i Cadets?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2010, 07:42
RookieRookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MonkieExcutioner,

As much as I agree with you that the company is taking advantage of experienced candidates with the i-cadet program, I still found that you are a little pathetic. Yeah, write a letter to mommy and complain. I think it's clear that the company is determined to get rid of the expenisive housing allowances. So even if you can stop them hiring i-cadet, they will come up with another programme called something else. In regard to whether or not the i-cadet programme is jeopardizing local HK's opportunities to become pilot, it is very difficult to prove. There is a benchmark that one needs to meet. One got rejected simply because he/she is below this benchmark; not because there is an i-cadet programme. If the company would have to go back the the old cadet scheme(required hk id), then they will constantly struggle to hire enough cadets for each year. The point is if one can meet the benchmark, they will be hired; on the contrary, candidates who fail to meet the benchmark will be rejected, regardless of their flying experience. Lastly, most candidates who have applied to the i-cadet program probably have done some extensively research on the standard of living in HK. In fact, this point will be stressed by the HR department. If you'd really like to protect the candidates, you should write another letter to the labor department in HK and convince them that housing allowances should be paid to these guys. Lastly, if you are really keen to get into this program, figure why you failed. I assure you that this is not because you have less flying experience than the others. The big corporation will always get what they want. Just look at the SO court case.
I hope you can find your peace after sending this letter!