PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 30th Nov 2010, 00:13
Chuchinchow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you, BASSA

I suppose I really ought to offer my profound and grateful thanks to BASSA, CC89, UNITE, Duncan Holley, Liz Whateverhernameis et al. Over the last year and a half, the portrayal of their antics has been a great source of amusement to me.

Whatever will I do for light pre-bedtime reading if (not "when") this gross absurdity is ever settled I do not know. The complete mismanagement of the benighted cabin crews' grievance, from its beginning, through the sojourns at Bedfont, until the latest foolishness is unparalleled.

The briefings and bulletins emanating from the keyboard of Duncan Holley beggar belief in their lack of credulity and and their sheer stupidity. There has been a piss poor effort at media management: the flight attendant sitting with that oh-so smug look on his face while sitting in his Beamer and drinking Pimms is just one example that comes to mind. The radio interviews with "aggrieved flight attendants" who turned out to be none other than Duncan Holley is an another.

Meanwhile, I continue to back BA - by booking as many journeys on BA as possible. Meanwhile, the people who should be supporting BA to the hilt - the disgruntled and appallingly poorly led cabin crew - are considering yet more industrial action. How much longer can they hold out?

On the other hand, if working for British Airways is as terrible as we have been told by more than one diehard flight attendant (who vigorously demands that she or he remains anonymous) why didn't they take voluntary redundancy when it was still available, put the windfall away in their bank accounts, and seek more amenable employment? Why are they so doggedly hanging on?

Lots of questions there; let's see a few answers.