PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2010, 21:50
Waghi Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really think this is coming back to bite you guys on the arse,not that I'm blaming anyone as such.

When these airlines started demanding recruits to have a type rating,that's when things went down hill. I think Impulse might have even been the first airline in Australia to do this.

This led to the situation where experienced pilots like myself,said bugger the industry in Australia and left for another country. It's a sad case of affairs as myself and just about every other Aussie pilot flying overseas would dearly love to come back and fly in our home country,but we simply can't afford to,due to lower wages,and having to in some cases pay for another type rating just to get a job,regardless of our experience. This is the main reason why Australian pilots are so popular with a large number of the major international airlines throughout the world,and in reality it's a huge loss to the aviation industry in Australia. That's life and sadly it's not going to change,well in my lifetime anyway.

The concrete has already set "HARD AND PROPER".

Post edit: Forgot to mention,funny that all these problems are related to budget airlines in most cases,that certainly say's something !

Last edited by Waghi Warrior; 29th Nov 2010 at 23:48.