PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 29th Nov 2010, 18:59
Landroger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was listening to Woodley being interviewed on the PM programme this evening and it suddenly occurred to me that I must have been mistaken in what I understood about this dispute. I have read virtually every word of both threads in each of their incarnations and I thought I had a pretty good idea of what has been happening. However, Tony Woodley said it on Radio 4, so it must be true, so I got it all completely wrong.

Its all BA's fault apparently. They are simply 'arguing over the details', that will 'cost them nothing', they have 'taken away staff travel' (Oh well they will return it, but only in two years) and have sacked and suspended people 'for no reason at all.' And apparently Unite have always been there to negotiate and be the voice of reason - all BA have to do to end this dispute is to 'just give back what that have so cruelly taken away'. Well I think that is all perfectly clear - isn't it?

Tonight's PM Programme presenter did manage to challenge Woodley on one thing though. 'What has this dispute and the 22 days of strike achieved?' He dodged and weaved a bit, but he eventually admitted that; 'Apart from loss of travel privileges, a lost of money by our members and a lot of heart ache for everyone ......... errr nothing.'

So, who am I to believe Mr. Woodley? My own conclusions after reading these threads for almost two years? Or you, who have just admitted that two years of Industrial Action has achieved NOTHING?

Roger