PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2010, 13:41
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Image, AJ now confuses the public with QF & JQ brands?

Gentleman, AJ speaks to the media on the 28th of November regarding J Es sacking and presto on the 29th Nov two stories (although not directly related to JEs situation) appear in the same paper SMH all day long, headed;
1. NEW QANTAS NIGHTMAREVideo - Qantas baggage bug - The Sydney Morning Herald
Sydney-bound passengers were told they could walk out on to the Sydney Airport tarmac to "search through trolleys" of missing bags if they signed a form and donned a yellow vest.

and

2. "I'll never fly Qantas again" : death of an iconic brand?'I'll never fly Qantas again': death of an iconic brand? I was dismayed when I turned on the TV news last night. I don't want to overdramatise it, but I felt I had tuned in to watch an iconic Australian brand struggling for its life.
Both nothing stories but a good example of how some at QF/J* have come across to the reporters over the last few weeks. The inside business story should/could have been avoided as it only sowed more doubt, not only with the public but highlighted J Es case again, telling the world that there is something not quite right with the staff as well. I believe we are at a point where the guys in the control tower at QF/J* take a deep breath, learn from its PR disasters of late, sit down and listen to the staff and try and resolve a few issues in-house. Please forgive me for posting on this thread, but I felt starting a new one is not appropriate at this time.
Having said that, I do understand that Joe Eakins situation is the main thrust of this thread, I wish him well, and trust, his predicament can somehow result with a happy ending. Best wishes to all.