PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Nov 2010, 09:43
Dingbaticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
abuse

Midman, I keep getting drawn back to your post #1507, where you share your experience of ‘an hour of foul mouthed abuse, swearing and threats’.

As Cabin Crew we often have to deal with volatile situations. A combination of experience and above industry average customer service training gives us the skills to diffuse situations that can be very frightening for both crew and customers locked in a metal tube flying through the air at incredible speed.

I often find allowing someone to vent a little takes the steam out of them and you can then have a meaningful productive conversation. I have to confess even a rhino skinned old hostie like me could not tolerate what you describe.

I would have to move to another part of the bus or aircraft or leave the restaurant. I can’t help wondering, were you somehow restrained?

It sounds horrific and I suspect the police are now involved. The Company offer excellent support, don’t be too proud to seek help as traumatic experiences have a habit of creeping back up on you if you don’t acknowledge their impact and seek the help of professionals.

GS-Alpha, I suspect sickness is already higher, with the well documented posts on Union related forums of the health related side effects the stress of our IA has taken on both strikers and non strikers.

There will be the usual suspects who scream for strikes screaming they are going sick. We are caring Cabin Crew professionals who are fighting to have our status maintained and our Union recognised. Deliberately going sick will undermine that fight and is unfair on our customers and colleagues who are genuinely sick.

The cold and flu season as well as snow is upon us but one good thing to come out of our IA is the VCC who will be able to support any shortfall in the operation.

The postings made by Dingbaticus on this site are my own thoughts, feelings and beliefs and don’t necessarily represent my employers positions, strategies or opinions