PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 29th Nov 2010, 04:39
Dingbaticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost at sea

Bridchen, we might not agree on some things but I rather enjoyed that too, there is some spark on this forum!

The Blu Riband, on reflection I can see you are right, the SPIRIT of the FP never changed only the wording on the document to bring it back in line with the spirit.

Unfortunately, on board the aircraft you are my Commander but back at base we are managed by two different management structures. I believe this issue has highlighted how additional pressures such as IA can impact on their effectiveness and ability to communicate under the One Team concept.

Our management teams are like 2 boats riding the stormy seas of the recession. The Pilot Managers power boat zips about cutting through the waves whilst the IFCE barge lumbers on uncertainly. Should it seek refuge from the storm in the tiny port of Premium Carrier or head for safety in the larger port of Low Cost Carrier?

I believe the Pilots Management boat needs to throw a tow rope to the IFCE barge and lead her safely back whatever the port, butting heads or pulling in the wrong direction only leaves us all lost at sea.

As for being the victim of abuse in the workplace, I have a close friend who has bravely challenged this. A lengthy process impacts on the victim as much as the alleged abuser and I hope we will see speedier resolution to cases after Moltongate.

I agree the Company is dependant on a Union (or association) when communicating with the workforce and I have already stated I believe mistakes have been made during this dispute. It has certainly engaged the workforce and there is a greater awareness and questioning of BASSA. I believe there are changes and challenges to the way things are conducted, trust me there are some driven people who intend to make their voices heard.

The postings made by Dingbaticus on this site are my own thoughts, feelings and beliefs and don’t necessarily represent my employers positions, strategies or opinions