PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2010, 13:49
Flava Saver

Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts
Hans and everyone else

What i'm suggesting is a bit of a pipe dream, but if ALL (ok, read majority) JQ & QF drivers (and any Virgin or Tiger comrades) put our signatures to it in the national media (read full page ads, and even TV ads), they could sack almost 3000 professional pilots, and stop this nation from moving right now, due to breach of code of conduct.

Would they? I'm doubting it. With the punch Qf group is copping regarding safety, and the looming senate enquiry, they are backed into the corner like nothing else.

As pilots we are not demanding more money ala 1989 (no disrespect), or ridiculous & outrageous condtions regarding this particular situation, but ultimately (to get Joe his job back &) stop the rot with the industry, and the corporate bullies that seem to dictate where we are headed.

This situation right now is pivotal to the industry in years to come.

Putting the pilot politics aside between mainline & Jetstar and anything else for that matter for what has happened in the past, right now is the most important time in our careers.

No one wants to disrupt mum & dad and the kids over summer holidays, but we have to take a stand.

I urge everyone that sits in their window seats and looks out at the sky, day in, day out, and remembers why they got into this industry to harden up a little, and put any short term monetry gain aside (ie working days off) to enjoy lifestyle, and the career they chose for the benefit of themselves.

If we drop the ball on this troops, we are completely f a r k e d for a long time. These managers will get their KPI's and retire happily ever after, not giving two hoots at a pilots career, and the money we've invested.