PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 28th Nov 2010, 13:05
Bridchen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Being a woman gives me the right," came her reply.
As a community you really, really need to get away from the idea that this is some sort of socio-economic attack on you because of who or what you choose to define yourself as.
This is all a giant red herring, and needs to be dropped.

I'm a female cabin crew member who didn't go on strike. I have never heard anyone, whether they're gay, straight, female, male, bla bla bla, talk about the strike before, as incorporating these issues.

I didn't choose to work through the strike because I'm anti the feminist movement, or gay rights. The strike was NEVER about that.

As a very quick aside, Yellow Pen - you are incorrect to state "as a community." As you well know, as a community we were not united in the strike, so your comment is irrelevant. This is a non-issue that's been fired up by a silly remark by a female crew member, who obviously finds it difficult to be logical or make sense.

If one female cabin crew member decided to say that, then good luck to her social life - listening to her must be like watching paint dry. Anyone who feels they've suffered an extreme injustice should want to fight it, regardless of their gender, etc. The problem here was that BASSA waived ALL crew's rights by non-negotiation, and that was why a lot of us went into work.

Last edited by Bridchen; 28th Nov 2010 at 13:26. Reason: Added a post-script