PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2010, 11:03
War with Inner Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe Eakins is a Legend

Honestly, not many Pilots impress me industrially, but, Joe is everything a Pilot Union Representative should be.

Support Joe financially, for life if necessary, and morally, but, widen your gaze to the real game.

In every group of Employees there is 20% who will never side with the Company, 20% who will always side with the Company and 60% up for grabs.

This all about that 60%.

The Company is testing you.

Will you cower or will you stand and fight?

The Company wants to find out. Greed is a disease and is insatiable.

There is no limits to cost-cutting and the Executives will never stop.

That's why they always talk in percentages and never fixed dollar values.

BUT, please realise the Employees have all the power.

If you don't come to work even the CEO will be out on the street.

Does the Company have a Whistleblower Policy?

AIPA President Capt Barry Jackson should write the next article. Will he be sacked? Maybe.

If so, every Union Representative should write an article.

Will they be sacked? Maybe.

If so, every Pilot in the Group should write an article. Will they be sacked? Who cares!! The Bosses will be sacked at that stage.

Also realise, the Company's management may have damaged the Company's reputation more than a single news article.

The management's current actions may cause you stress, anxiety, anger or depression.

If these emotions impair you in any way then the Law, and Company Policy, state that you should not operate an Aircraft.

Simple, take some time off, seek medical attention and write to the CEO advising the specific reasons for taking sick leave.

Safety First.

Most importantly guard your health and learn to deal with stress effectively. Stress can kill you!!

Joe, I'll send you some money every week for as long as it takes, send me a PM if you want chat.

Regards,

WWIP