PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2010, 22:17
metrosmoker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it interesting the comments regarding the expectation/requirement/demand for all J* pilots to get behind and support(financially as well) JE.
But I would be interested to know how many QF guys are getting behind him. This has been labelled a J* issues from day 1. Day 1 for most of you is when FSO136 was issued. When in fact day 1 was a little over 6 years ago.

According the alot of people on here, J* has been a blight on the aviation industry in this country and only survived because of the might of Qantas and some clever accounting. Maybe, maybe not. But lets not forget one thing. J* isn`t the ones that havent hired for 2 years. J* isn`t the one the is not growing. J* isn`t the one that has got pilots sitting in the back seat of a 747 or 380 with no prospect of promotion for the foreseeable future.

This is as much a Qantas issue as it is a J* one. Everyone is concerned and p!ssed off because the next 2 A330 for J* are going to Singapore on foreign T&C`s. When in fact, the real issue should be that, Qantas are buying two A330`s and giving them to a competitor to operate directly against mainline.

This is a Qantas issue too.

And if you a still in any doubt/denial, I gaurantee that the next plane to be based in Singapore will be a 787 painted in Qantas colours and flown (potentially) by foreign nationals on foreign T&C`s. Then maybe the penny will drop. There goes your LH EBA and seniority.

Last edited by metrosmoker; 27th Nov 2010 at 22:38.